Documents 6 is the best file manager, music player, and downloader for iPhone and iPad. Get it for free, if you haven’t done so yet.
Documents is the best file manager on iPhone and iPad to view multiple file formats, annotate PDFs, create text files and organize them into folders for your convenience.
|File Viewer||.pages, .keynote, .numbers, .doc/docx, .xls/xlsx, .ppt/pptx, .rtf, .rtfd, .epub, .txt, .htm/html, .webarchive; fb2;|
|Image Viewer||.bmp, .gif, .ico, .jpeg, .png, .tiff, .xbm;|
|Movie Viewer||.3gp, .l16, .m3u, .m4v, .mm, .mov, .mp4, .scm, .avi, .mkv, .flv;|
|Audio Player||.aac, .aif, .aifc, .aiff, .amr, .au, .l16, .m3u, .m4a, .m4b, .m4p, .mp3, .pcm, .wav, .flac;|
In Documents you can view files in two modes - Thumbnail and List. To switch between the views:
In both List and Thumbnail views you can arrange your files using Drag and Drop.
To get the file out of a folder, tap and hold the file and then drag it over 'Documents' at the top until it becomes blue and get the file to the parent folder.
To pick a certain action, tap Select at the top and select one or several files / folders. If you need to manage a single file, simply tap the three dots icon ... that stands for 'More options' nearby the file itself.
Once you tap Select, such operations are available:
- Copy files and paste them into another folder.
- Move files from one folder to another.
- Rename files. You can also rename the file by tapping its name in the Thumbnail view or swiping over it in the List view.
- Delete files.
- Merge multiple documents into one file. Make sure that two or more PDF files are selected.
- You can easily create a zip from the files you selected. Also, Documents is the best unzip app out there. To open zip files on iPhone or iPad, just tap on them and you’re good to go.
- Add file to Favorites. The file will be listed on the left sidebar.
- Assign a color tag to files. You can select one of 7 colors available.
- Email files. Once you tap Email, the email draft is automatically generated within Documents and a file is ready to be sent by email. In case you select folders along with files, Documents will zip the data and send it by email.
- Upload files to the web storage Documents is connected to or any available devices located nearby.
- Export files to any other third-party app via iOS standard share sheet dialog.
Note: Documents may not be able to send an attachment by email because of the file size limit. The size limit depends on your mail account, for example Gmail will process up to 25MB attachments in each email.